Destinations / Canaries / Lanzarote
Puerto del Carmen
Lanzarote is a favourite amongst Irish holidaymakers with its laid-back atmosphere, year-round sunshine, delicious food and less than a 4.5hr flight away! Due to its unique volcanic landscape, it's a UNESCO biosphere protected site so there'll be no high-rise buildings disrupting your view.
Whether you're looking for cheap self-catering apartments or 5-star luxury hotels, family-friendly holidays or a pampering and relaxation, we've got holidays to Lanzarote from Ireland to suit all tastes and budgets.
We have over 95 hotels across the 4 main resorts of:
And flights departing from
So start planning now and give yourself a Lanzarote holiday to look forward to!
Book your holiday to Lanzarote today on our website or call our expert holiday helpers. All sun holidays with Click&Go include return flights, transfers and handpicked accommodation. Remember, if you book a holiday 10 weeks in advance you can secure the price for only €1 per person with our award-winning deposits.
Are you planning a family holiday? See what family activities Lanzarote has to offer.
We offer daily flights to Lanzarote from Dublin, Cork, Shannon, Knock or Belfast. Simply choose your preferred airport in the Departure Search Box.
- Population: 139,000
- Currency: Euro
- Local Time: GMT (No time difference)
- Language: Spanish - English widely understood
- Average Temperature: 20°C - 27°C
- Airport: Arrecife
- Flight Time: 4 hrs 15 mins
- Food Fact: The national dish is spicy Mojo Potatoes
- Fun Fact: It takes just 40 mins to drive across the entire island from North to South
- Floating water park in Playa Grande Beach,Puerto del Carmen with inflatable assault course.
- Picnice area at El Bosquecillo, Montana de Haria - with a children's playground, BBQ area and stunning views of Famara.
- Playa del Reducto, Arrecife - free open-air train to Arrecife Marina where there are a number of Cine6D rides.
- Go Karting near St Bartolome.
- Whale and Dolphin museum in Puerto Calero.
- Costa Teguise Aqua Park (closed November - Easter)
- Rancho Texas Animal Park (near Puerto del Carmen) - fantastic animal theme park with splash zone and live shows.
- Kikoland at the Princess Yaiza Hotel Playa Blance offers organised children's activities.
- Submarine Safaris, Puerto Calero - a 1 hour trip to see Atlantic Marine World
- Timanfaya National Park - a strange volcanic landscape and rare plant species covers a quarter of the island.
- Mirador del Rio - an observation point at the northern tip of the island with panoramic views from the cliff-top bar.
- Rancho Texas Park - a popular theme park with a splash park, animal shows and wild west performances.
- Lanzarote Aquarium - 1,000s of marine species including the native trigger fish and sharks in a 400,000 litre tank.
- La Geria (Wine Region) - take a tour of the volcanic vineyards and sample the fantastic local Malvasia wine.
There is a huge variety of restaurants in all the resorts on the island. While the local food is similar to southern Spain, with plenty of tapas bars serving dishes like fried calamari and spicy Mojo potatoes (an island speciality) - there are also fantastic Italian, Indian and Chinese restaurants, cafes and bars serving traditional Irish breakfast, fast food restaurants and ice-cream bars.
Restaurants in Lanzarote with Tripadvisor's Certificate of Excellence:
- Restaurante El Navarro (Costa Teguise)
- Casa Cabana (Puerto Del Carmen)
- Casa Rafa Restaurante de Mar (El Golfo)
- The Port of Call (Playa Blanca)
- La Portena (Puerto Calero)
- Picassos (Matagordo)
Popular shopping districts include Calle Real in Arrecife, the Biosfera Shopping Centre in Puerto del Carmen (with big-name brands such as Mango and Bershka) and the Deiland Centre in Playa Honda (which includes a cinema). There are also dozens of souvenir shops dotted along the sea front in the resorts - selling everything from beach towels and children's toys to clothes, ceramics and cheap leather goods. With a low VAT rate on the island, items such as alcohol, perfume, jewellery, electronics and petrol can be purchased at duty-free prices that are considerably cheaper than mainland Spain. See our list of Lanzarote markets below:
- Haria (Sat) - Arrecife (Sat) - Teguise (Sun) - Mancha Blanca (Sun) - Marina Rúbicon, Playa Blanca (Wed & Sat)